Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quilt 30 - Red Bow Quilt

year?, 60 x 60
Our friend Trulee worked at a fabric store that purchased the inventory of other fabric stores that were going out of business. They never knew what they were going to get, but when these two fabrics came in she called Annie and me. We hurried over and bought the bolts. All 3 of us started quilts. I finished mine but I can't remember if they did.

We started by making the bows with the flip and sew method. I didn't throw away any of the corners we cut off and when I saw the pile of half/square triangle blocks I decided to put them into the quilt. Then the math part came in because I didn't have quite enough of the little half square blocks to finish the quilt. A few alterations and I had the quilt finished.

There wasn't much wasted fabric on this quilt! I don't remember which year I made this, but I know there are pictures of it on the design wall at another retreat at Pacific Beach.

- posted by Ione

No comments: