Friday, June 27, 2008

Quilt 66 - 4 Patch, Ricky Style

2001 or 2002, 70" X 80"
This was another workshop taught by Ricky Tims for West Sound Quilters. I can't remember what year it was but I do remember that I didn't make as many squares with the small 4 patches in them because I knew if I didn't finish the top at the workshop it wouldn't get finished for many years. The cross hatch in the black squares is quilted with variegated thread that was on sale and I still have several cones of it. It is a great color but 10 cones even on sale probably wasn't a necessary purchase. When the quilt hung at the guild quilt show it did receive a ribbon. It has flannel on the back, it's mine, and we like to use it.
-posted by Ione
(Hey Mom, I think we need to work on our quilt photography! ~K)

No comments: