Monday, January 5, 2009

Quilt 119 - Patty's Avocato

2008, 18" x 18"

This pattern was another of my treasures from Quilt Market in Portland in 2008. It is Block One of Helene Knott's Garden Patch Cats called The Avocato. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it for my friend Patty! She loves all things cats, and this was just too cute to pass up.

I raided Mom's fabric stash and came up with some avocado looking fabrics and some to use in the border. I wish I would have stuck to hand applique instead of trying to do it by machine, but Mom tells me it adds character. We'll go with that theory.

So far this year I'm three for three in remembering to put a label on my quilts, Aunt Glad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's me, Patty, the lucky recipient of this amazing piece of art! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and I smile every time I look at it. The workmanship is absolutely beautiful, but Karen is, after all, a quilt artist. I will treasure this little masterpiece forever. Thank you so much, Karen! Your friend, Patty