Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Quilt 118 - Andrea's Disappearing Nine Patch

2008, 50" x 50"

I bought the fabrics in this quilt at the 2008 Quilt Market in Portland. It was a set of fat quarters from Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom collection. I just loved the fabrics and wanted to keep them all together and use a pattern that would show off my favorites. Mom had recently shown me the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern (a large 9 patch cut in half to form 4 blocks) and I thought it would be the perfect thing.

I pieced the blocks the week before Christmas and had enough to make two lap size quilts, so my sister-in-law Andrea was the lucky recipient of the second one! I don't have mine finished yet, but I actually gave a completed quilt as a present...and Mom didn't even need to finish the binding on the car ride over!

Below is a detail of the quilting and a shot of the cozy Minky fabric we used for the back. Thanks for the great quilting, Mom!

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to all of you, too!

Marlys from Minnesota
(where the wind chill was 30 degrees F below zero this morning!)

Andrea said...

Hi Karen!!!!
Happy New Year!!!!! I LOVE MY QUILT!!!! The minkey is absolutely, wonderfully, amazing....which, (go figure) my cat also loves :o/ I've tried to tell Tempo that he can now lay on ANY quilt but that one, but he doesn't listen :o)
Anyway, hope you had a great New Years....we had fireworks that the neighbors brought over...and of course the bonfire.....
Lotsa love..... talk to you later!
Andrea

ps....we're currently sitting at at Blueberry hills for breakfast with 2 more inches of fresh snow outside....there's about 2 ft at our house.