Monday, December 1, 2008

Quilt 110 - Pooh Rail Fence

45 x 65

This is another quilt for Rosemary. She purchased a set of Pooh panels that were meant to be part of a crib set. I wasn't sure how to incorporate them into a quilt due to their unusual shape. I finally decided to applique them onto solid backgrounds and fill in with rail fence blocks. Not sure who she is giving it to, so I tried to balance the pink with more neutral colors so it could work for a boy or girl. I think the unusual shapes add to the character of this otherwise simple quilt. (Thanks for holding it up for the picture, Mom!)

The blue and green rail fabrics are from Blue Meadow Designs. Thanks for such wonderful tone on tones, Myra and Cori. The pink is Fossil Fern.

1 comment:

Jackie Russell said...

Supper cute quilt! I love it!