Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Quilt 116 - Gazebo Lunch Bunch Christmas Quilt

1996, 48" X 48"

This is the Christmas quilt from our series of Gazebo Lunch Bunch Quilts from the Sisters Quilt Show. Blocks were made by Adele, Malinda, Karla, Annie, Betty, Carol, Ione, Rosemary and Jill. We each made 9 blocks. We had 1 year to get them to the others in the group and then the following year we would meet at the Quilt Show in Sisters, OR at the Gazebo in the park to have lunch together and show our finished quilts. It is always fun to see how others set the same collection of blocks. I like to use checker-board sashing when setting exchange blocks together. Great way to square up blocks made by many people.
When I quilted this quilt I quilted the names of the participants in the green border so I would remember who the piecers were. Glad I did that. It is fun to remember those who shared in making this quilt with me. I also didn't get to quilting my quilt till 1998, I had that info quilted in the green also. I chose to just outline the great pointsettas in the outside border.
The back of this quilt is flannel with teddy bears and red ribbons. Great quilt for on the couch to keep warm on this 20 degree night. The snow may return tonight but we can stay warm with our quilts.

Happy Birthday wishes to Jed and Aunt Tena!

Submitted by Ione

No comments: