Friday, January 9, 2009

Quilt 121 - Deb's Disappearing Nine Patch

2008
55" x 65"

What do you do when it is Christmas Day, your parents are leaving the next day to visit your brother and you still don't have a present for your best friend? I know! You make a quilt! After our Christmas morning adventures and a wonderful dinner, I decided to piece this quilt.

Thanks again to Myra and Cori, I had some great Blue Meadow Designs fabric to work with (all but the pink and purple fabrics). I started with a paisley and matched everything to that. I used my new favorite quilt pattern, the disappearing nine patch, and a couple of hours later it was on the machine for Mom to quilt.

Mom, ever the trooper, quilted it between bouts of packing for their trip. Thanks, Mom!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: