Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quilt 83 - Karen's Koi

1999, 12" x 12"
OK, so maybe it isn't a Koi fish, but it was better than naming it "Karen's Unidentifiable Generic Fish". We've posted some of my other stained glass quilts, and there are sure to be several more. I fell in love with this technique and love making my own designs, but I also like taking patterns for other crafts (rug hooking, stenciling, embroidery, etc.) and making stained glass quilts from those, too.

This fish was from one of Mom's quilting stencils. I just made the quilting lines a little broader and those became my "lead" lines. I decided to leave a few of the sections black to emphasize the movement in the water fabric. I'm now wishing I would have bound it in black, but I'm sure I had a good reason for choosing green at the time...

1 comment:

Cori Derksen and Myra Harder said...

Of course that is a Koi fish! I could see it right away. (by the way, they are my favorite fish)

-myra