Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quilt 79 - Kenny's Jewel Box

2001, 60" x 72"

Kenny's Jewel Box started with the border fabric. I purchased it from a fabric store at 50% off (yea!) not really knowing what I would do with it. It had been in my stash for many years. When it came time to make Kenny's Christmas jewel box quilt, I thought this would be a great border fabric, so I chose the rest of the fabrics to coordinate with it. (A great way to bring cohesion to a scrappy quilt.)

When we drove to Northern California to deliver the quilt, I could see all of the colors of the landscape reflected in the quilt and knew I had made the right color choices! It now lays on the back of their couch, so you look across the quilt and through the window to views of Mt. Shasta. I hadn't even thought of the scenery, but it blends perfectly.

Aug. 9 - Happy Birthday, Ken!!


- posted by Ione

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully! i really like this pattern too. I just may have to try it... if I ever finish the projects I have on the go! LOL
Bradie