Monday, March 24, 2008

A Year of Quilts


Inspired by our friends at Blue Meadow Designs, Mom and I have decided to share a year's worth of quilts! Each day we'll post a quilt that one or both of us has made. Many will be our own design, but if we used a pattern or got inspiration from a book or pattern, we'll let you know where it is from. We hope you enjoy them!

My Mom, Ione Ewert Whitney, has been quilting since she was a girl. She has her own machine quilting business, and hosts quilt retreats throughout the year. I started quilting about 10 years ago.

The first quilt we'll share is one that Mom made for me! Mom started this one shortly after I made a comment that she had made my brother more quilts than she had made for me. (We are both in our 30's, but apparently sibling rivalry has no age limit!) Jewel box is one of our favorite patterns. The black background really sets off the green and pink scraps. It also has wool batting, so is nice and warm. Thanks, Mom! (This picture is of my Aunt and Mom and was taken at one of Mom's retreats at Pacific Beach.)

No comments: