Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quilt 7 - Tulip Reverse Shoo-Fly

Another of my tulip quilts, this has a brightly colored floral print with tulips and irises. The reverse shoo-fly is one of our favorite patterns. (You will no doubt see a few more of these.) Normally the shoo-fly has the colored fabrics on the inner sections of the block and the background fabric around the outer edges of the block, but by reversing that you get a quilt that nicely highlights special fabrics.

I pieced this at the ocean as well. I tend to get more done at those retreats than the whole rest of the year, but these posts have made us revisit some old quilts in our stash and are inspiring us to get back to piecing!

4 comments:

jrg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jrg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jrg said...

I know that you have a great fondness for tulip fabrics. Do you already know how many quilts you have that feature them? I'm enjoying your new entry every day and look forward to the next posting.

cmt said...

Even though I'm not a quilter, I enjoy your entries