Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quilt 144 - Shades of Chelan

2009
60 x 60"

I started this quilt on a Birthday Trip to Chelan to visit my brother and sister-in-law. It was supposed to have been a no quilting trip, BUT the quilt store was having a sale on fat quarters. Luckily Andrea had a cutting table and supplies, and Mom packed the sewing machine "just in case". One of many quilts I've made using the Disappearing Nine Patch technique, but only one of two that I've actually finished! Imagine starting and completing a quilt in the same year! Maybe I've turned a new leaf...

The colors remind me of the different seasons in Chelan: the blue of the sky and water, the green of the orchards and the white of the snow. I put a fluffy back on it, so it would be nice and cozy. Mom used an all over design in the middle and followed the flowers in the border.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: